Welcome to my blog in progress!



Who am I?

I am a mother with a passion for photography. I love everything about taking pictures. Whether it's seeing smiling faces, capturing that special moment in time or even uploading the pictures on to my computer I just love everything about it. It makes me happy. :o) (and I have 4 boys so there are lots of moments to capture around here!)

I am an optimist. I can't help it, it's just who I am. No matter what is happening in my life, I know that something good will come out of it somehow. It always does! The universe has a magical way of working things out.



Friday, June 25, 2010

Fix it Friday! Woohoo!



I really love the sunlight in this photo! So nice and warm feeling! Here is the original.....






Here is my take


First I cropped and rotated the picture.
Then I selected just him with the magnetic lasso
Next I used unsharp mask and adjusted the levels
Then I selected the inverse and applied a guassian blur to the background
Next I adjusted the brightness and the contrast of the whole photo
after that I increased the saturation everywhere but his face
and last but not least I picked the feature on PSE8 that adjusts the color to his skin tone.
that is pretty much what I did. Still extremely new to photoshop and have lots to learn! haha!

Don't forget to check out more great edits at www.iheartfaces.com


2 comments:

  1. Very nice! You really brought him out of the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent!!! He totally pops in your edit! Great job, Mandi!!

    ReplyDelete